This is a super simple gluten-free fruit pizza recipe that you can whip up quickly for any holiday, backyard BBQ, or last minute gathering. It uses a very basic and easy gluten-free sugar cookie crust. Then it is layered with a sweet and citrusy cream cheese frosting and finished with fresh fruit.
Disclaimer: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate (Amazon) links and I will earn a small commission if you purchase through those. It is so important for me to only suggest products and tools that I use and love and that I know you will, too! Let me know if you have any questions about anything listed below.
To make the sugar cookie base, we need a few basic ingredients:
- Your Favorite Gluten-Free Flour Blend (I prefer Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour or Cup4Cup)
- Vanilla and Almond Extract
- Baking Powder
And for the “frosting” you will need cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice. So easy.
You can make this on any shape or size baking dish you’d like. Depending on the size, of course, it will affect how thick your cookie is so keep that in mind. I would suggest using a 10″ cake pan or you can even use a half sheet pan. You can place a layer of parchment paper on the bottom before adding the cookie dough.
An easy way to get it to fit exactly is to just place the baking pan on top of the parchment and trace around the outside edges. Then cut it out just inside the drawn line. You can spray the bottom of the pan with some cooking spray before placing the parchment paper down – that will help it stick.
I made this fruit pizza for Memorial Day so I used strawberries and blueberries for colors of the flag. But you can certainly use any fruit you’d like. The layering and placement of the fruit does not matter at all. Just as long as you’ll get all the flavors of the fruit in each bite!
Gluten-Free Fruit Pizza
For the Cookie Crust
- ½ Cup (1 Stick) Butter – Softened
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 ¼ Cup Gluten-Free Flour Blend – Like a Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Blend or Cup4Cup
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
For The Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8 oz. Block Cream Cheese – Softened
- ½ Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1½ – 2 Cups Variety of Fresh Fruit for The Top – Like strawberries, blueberries, sliced grapes, kiwi, mango, bananas, mandarin oranges, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and granulated sugar. You want it to be light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix until well-combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix until it's all fully incorporated and smooth.
- Layer a baking sheet with parchment paper. Evenly press the cookie dough into the bottom of the baking pan getting it all the way to the edges.
- Bake the cookie for 12-15 minutes until it just starts to get very light golden brown around the edges. Cool completely before adding the frosting and fruit.
- While the cookie is baking, prepare your cream cheese frosting. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese and powdered sugar. Mix for about 1 minute, then scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix again. Add in the lemon juice and mix for about another minute until everything is light, fluffy, and really creamy.
- After the cookie has completely cooled, spread the cream cheese frosting evenly over the cookie base. Then layer with your favorite fresh fruit combinations. Cut into triangles or squares and serve!
Remember to PIN this recipe for gluten-free fruit pizza so you have it saved for the next time you need a fun and festive dessert!
Check out some of my other favorite desserts: