The BEST Egg Bake
This is honestly one of the best egg bakes I've ever had. It's filled with three kinds of cheese, spinach and a special ingredient...jalapeno!
Servings: 8 People
- 10 Eggs
- ¼ Cup Unsifted Flour - Such as Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- ¼ Cup Butter - Melted
- 1 Package Frozen Chopped Spinach - Thawed (most packages are about 10 ounces)
- ½ White Onion - Minced
- 1 Medium Jalapeño - Finely Chopped (leave out the seeds if you don't want the heat)
- 1 Cup Nonfat Cottage Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- (Optional) Slivered Almonds or Green Onions - For garnish
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Beat eggs in a large bowl.
Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, and pepper.
Add spinach and all other ingredients (including melted butter). Mix well.
Pour egg mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 30-40 minutes until top is golden brown and it is bubbling along the edges.
Let cool slightly, slice, and enjoy!
- This is a great one to make the night before and store in a gallon ziplock bag. Then pour the mixture into a baking dish the morning of!
- I highly suggest wearing gloves when cutting the jalapeño. The oil from the pepper could really burn your eyes if you accidentally touch your eyes after cutting it!
- You can sprinkle the finished egg bake with slivered almonds or green onions for garnish.